Welcome to fall! We hope you are enjoying the apples and broccoli of last week's boxes and are looking forward to the bounty of delicious fall veggies! If you haven't already eaten all the Rome Apples and Siberian Kale from last week, try this recipe and let us know what you think!
- 1 Large Butternut Squash
- 2 Apples (Chopped)
- 1 Whole medium size onion (Finely chopped)
- 4 cups of Stock
- ? stick butter or oil
- Dash of curry powder, nutmeg
- White pepper & Salt to taste
- Kale or other "green"
- Slice the Butternut lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and place into large pot with steamer basket. Steam almost until tender.
- Over medium heat cook onion in butter or oil until very tender. Add spices to taste.
- Trim Kale or other greens from stem and chop finely.
- Add Apples and Kale to Onion mixture and saute for ten minutes or until tender.
- Scoop out a little of each butternut half to make room for the Kale/Onion/Apple mixture. Save the butternut for another recipe (Pumpkin Pie?).
- Stuff each half and place onto baking sheet
- Add some parmesean or chevre if desired and bake at 350 for to help set the flavor into the squash. Bake until the squash is tender.
Also, don't forget the Garlic planting party coming up in two weeks -
October 24th from 10 am -2 pm. It seems to be my most memorable planting time - it seems that I can remember each garlic planting for the past five years - beautiful sunny days and chilly drizzly days too. We look forward to reflecting on the past season and hope you will join us for a fun day. Let's hope for a beautiful day!